Middle School Sports
We are proud to offer various opportunities for students to take part in sports at all of our middle schools. In order to best facilitate sporting events and practices, the school year is divided into four sports seasons with each sport occurring in a specific season.
- 1st Season (September - October)
- 2nd Season (November - January)
- 3rd Season (February - March)
- 4th Season (April - May)
Sports with an asterisk (*) are a non-cut sport.
Registration is done online through the FamilyID website. After you register, the FamilyID system will securely save your information in your profile. This means you only need to enter information once for each student, making multi-season registration easy!
All students participating in a middle school sport must purchase an ASB card for $30. These funds directly support the year-to-year cost of the athletic programs.
There is a $100 fee for each sport. Individuals participating in more than one season will pay a maximum of $200 per school year.
Families with two or more students participating during the same season will be charged $70 per participant up to a family limit of $200 per school year.
Families with two or more students participating at both high school and middle school level will have a family limit of $396.
Fees do not guarantee a roster spot or playing time.
- Have a current physical on file with the main office.
- Physicals are valid for two years from the exam date and must be valid through the entire season.
- It is the student's responsibility to check on the expiration date.
- Students must maintain a GPA of 2.0 and be passing at five of six classes.
- Pay all required and any outstanding fees/fines. (ASB card, sports participation fee, etc.) Students will not be allowed to participate in games, meets or matches until ALL fees are paid.
- Students must attend two of three academic periods on a block day or four of six academic periods on a six-period day to be eligible for that day’s game/event.
Medical insurance is required to participate in high school athletics.
If you do not have medical insurance, we provide information regarding student accident and health insurance coverage administered by Myers-Stevens & Toohey, Inc. Coverage is available for:
- Interscholastic Tackle Football
- School-Time Accident Plan
- Full-Time 24/7 Accident Plan
- Accident & Sickness Plan
- Dental Accident Plan
These low cost plans are used by many school districts across the state. Although they are not the only provider of this type of coverage, they have been recommended by our Washington Schools Risk Management Pool.
You will need the following information to allow for accurate completion of your online registration:
- Doctors information
- Health insurance information
- Student ID number
- Graduation year of your student.
- Emergency contact information*
*Please remember to add two additional emergency contacts other than yourself. You will be the first number called, but in case you cannot be reached, we need two other individuals.
- If a student is injured, has an illness that ends participation or withdraws from school before the mid-point of a season, a full refund will be granted if requested.
- If more than 50% of the season is completed, a 50% refund will be granted.
- Any student who quits a team will not be eligible for a refund.
- Students who prepay and are cut from a team will be issued a full refund.
Please contact your school for the most up-to-date information.