Business & Industry Partnerships
The primary goal of our Career and College Readiness program is to create and foster long term industry partnerships, to ensure the course curriculum remains applicable to “real-world” applications, and provide students with clear connections between their coursework and career opportunities.
Below are some examples of how industry partners can support our program:
- Provide support to the program and instructor through curriculum development, mentoring and grants.
- Be an active member of the program advisory group.
- Provide industry expert guest speaking (we frequently use video conferencing for this).
- Provide tours of facilities to showcase sustainable principles.
- Provide job shadow, internships, and apprenticeship opportunities for students.
- Advise students for the year end capstone projects.
- Hosting and judging the year end capstone project tradeshow.
- Provide career coaching and scholarship awards to students.
Below is a list of industry partners currently working with our programs:
- 2 Bot
- 21 Acres
- Alchemy Goods
- Belarde Co. Inc
- Bonneville Environmental Foundation
- Evergreen Hospital
- Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- Friends of Cedar River Watershed
- General Biodiesel
- KDM Architects
- Northwest Association for Biomedical Research
- Olympian Precast
- PCSI Design
- Proto-Design, Inc.
- Sunrise View Retirement Home
- UW Transgenic Resources Facility
- Washington Business Week
- American Lung Association
- Bank Of America
- Everest Career Education Network
- Washington Aerospace Training Research Center
- Snohomish County PUD
- University of Washington Department of Genome Sciences
- UW Bothell
- Whole Foods
Director, Career & Technical Education