Capital Projects Bond
To ensure students have space for success in our growing district, Northshore is asking voters to consider a $275 million capital projects bond. The district uses bonds to build schools and major additions, which are not covered by the state budget.
This bond was designed by the Capital Bond Planning Task Force to help ease overcrowding now, while also planning for the future growth of the district.
If approved by voters on Feb. 13, 2018, the bond would:
- Provide safety and security upgrades at every school in the district
- Build a new K-5 school near Maltby
- Add 30 classrooms at the Skyview Middle School and Canyon Creek Elementary School campus. View rendering of the proposed building's side view.
- Create a performing arts and instructional building at Inglemoor High School, ensuring accessibility and equity among high schools
- Provide maintenance, operations upgrades at many schools
- Improve outdoor instructional spaces
The capital project helps support Strategic Plan goals of:
- Success in the early years
- Responsible, resilient, empathetic learners
- Innovative, creative, critical thinkers
- Ready for lifelong success after graduation
- Growth for every student, elimination of outcome and opportunity gaps
Current tax rate Capital Projects Bond: $1.78
New estimated tax rate: $1.59
*Per $1,000 assessed property value
Please visit the Capital Projects Bond FAQ webpage for an explanation on why the tax rate for the bond is not listed on the ballot.
If you have additional questions regarding the bond or levies, please email [email protected] or call 425-408-7627.