Thank you for being a substitute in the Northshore School District! We are excited to have you as part of our District!
Below you will find helpful information and resources to be successful as a substitute in Northshore.
- Accepting Jobs
- Substitute Handbook
- Tips for A Positive Subbing Experience
- Helpful Resources and Trainings
- District Map
- Professional Development
You can accept jobs via the automated Frontline phone system 1-800-942-3767
or the Frontline Website by clicking the logo below:
To access Fronline, your Frontline ID is your 10-digit phone number, including area code, and without the dashes. For example, 4255551212. Your Frontline PIN was given to you during orientation. If you forgot your PIN, please contact the Substitute Office.
Please note that once you log onto Frontline you will have access to additional training documentation as well as the ability to watch short online training videos on your computer screen.
Please only accept jobs that you intend to work and that you are qualified for.
Be sure to log into Frontline and identify your preferred schools. These are the schools that you are willing to work at.
Be sure to modify your profile if you are unavailable on a particular day. This lets the system know not to call you on the days that you are unavailable to work.
Cancelling an assignment at the last minute due to illness is sometimes unavoidable. Please contact the Substitute Office as well as cancelling the assignment within the system.
Cancelling an assignment to take a more "attractive" assignment is not acceptable.
Consider printing cards with your name to leave with teachers to encourage them to call you again.
Professional Development for Certificated Substitutes:
- The District offers at least a half-day professional development opportunity for all substitutes each year on skills necessary for effective substitute service in the Northshore School District.
- The District makes professional development webinars available to substitute employees throughout the school year regarding use of District technology tools.
- The District provides all substitute employees access to open seats at professional development opportunities scheduled outside the school day or school year. The District HR office, upon request to firstname.lastname@example.org, assists such employees with instructions for registering for such opportunities and checking on the availability of open seats.
- Substitutes with written replacement employee contracts are included in professional development opportunities on the same basis as the teacher he or she is replacing.
- All certificated substitutes receive access to the district's professional development system when they are issued district credentials. For more information on the pd system, visit the HR System Webpage.
Not currently a substitute with us, but interested in applying for a substitute position? Visit our employment pages to learn more!