Dental, Vision and Hearing Plans
Eligible employees can choose between MetLife Dental Plan or Willamette Dental Plan for their family. Coverage in a dental plan is a mandatory benefit, paid for by the school district.
If an employee does not select an insurance carrier within their first 30 days of eligibility, they will automatically be enrolled in the Metlife Dental Plan. Changes in the election of a dental plan can only be made during Open Enrollment, November 1st through November 30th.
Vision and Hearing Coverage
The Northshore School District's Vision and Hearing Aid Hardware Plan is self-insured by the District to assist in the cost of vision hardware (frames, lenses, contact lenses) or hearing aids. This is a mandatory benefit, paid for by the district.
The vision hardware benefit provides for:
- frames once every 24 months, up to $100
- lenses once every 12 months for single vision at $64
- bi-focal at $97
- tri-focal at $141
- lenticular at $155
- Contact lenses in lieu of frames/lenses, are provided once every 12 months, up to $125
- Certain refractive corrective surgery is provided up to a lifetime maximum of $500 per person
- Eye exams are covered under your medical insurance coverage
- Hearing devices once each 24 months up to $1,500
- An audiologic examination and hearing evaluation may be included in conjunction with the purchase of a hearing aid
Prices can vary considerably for similar equipment from provider to provider so it is advised that participants compare costs prior to purchase.