Thank you for your interest in working for the Northshore School District!
We're currently accepting applications for the following classified and classified substitute pool positions:
- School Assistants
- Bus Drivers
- McKinney-Vento Drivers
- Cook Assistants
- Office Personnel
- Secondary Theme Readers
- Athletic Personnel (including coaches)
- Technology Assistants
- Warehouse/Delivery Drivers
We accept applications for other positions as they are posted.
Classified Employment News
Click on the titles below to learn important information and news about each of the positions listed.
- Paraeducators (New Minimum Requirements!)
- Bus Drivers
- Substitute Cook Assistants
- Substitute Paraeducators and Office Personnel
- Emergency Substitute Teachers
The Bus Driver Supplemental Questionnaire is required for all bus driver positions.
Substitute and Regular Bus Drivers: Must be 21 years of age, possess a valid Washington State Driver's license with a good driving record, and be willing to attend training, obtain and continue to possess all certificates, license, endorsements, and permits as required by law. The 2017-18 hourly rate starts at $23.05. Substitute bus drivers have the potential to move into regular positions.
The Custodian Supplemental Questionnaire is required for all custodian positions.
Substitute Custodians: Shifts are 4 to 8 hours and are on an on-call, temporary basis replacing regular employees who are absent or providing additional help as needed by the district. Several shifts – the latest ending time is 12:00 midnight. Potential to move into regular positions.
For classified substitute applicants, the instructions for applying to the district are similar to the instructions for the online application for regular employment. Please be sure to list three references plus their email addresses under the reference section of the online application. We must have a minimum of two electronic confidential reference forms returned before we are able to review your application for substitute employment consideration.
All classified assignments may require additional duties and may be altered at any time to suit the needs of the school and the district.
Not certified, but interested in substituting as a classroom teacher? Considering applying to be an Emergency Substitute Teachers! The District will assist all hired candidates with obtaining the Washington State Emergency Substitute Teaching Certificate and will provide training.
Emergency Substitute Teachers are hired throughout the school year as needed. Please complete a classified application and apply to the 2018-19 Emergency Substitute Teacher Pool.
You must have two confidential reference forms returned and meet the below requirements in order for your application to be considered for review.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience working with children
- Willingness to work on an on-call basis (you will be notified of assignments 24 hours in advance)
Information About Applying
Ready to apply? Read this helpful information first about how to apply, required documents as part of your application, and FAQs.
Create an account using our online application system. Our staff will only review online applications.
In your account:
Complete or update your application by clicking on My Application and completing the required fields. Your application is "complete" when the following materials have been received:
- Your completed online application.
- Your resume (uploaded with your online application).
- A minimum number of electronic confidential reference forms returned.
- Any supplemental questionnaires as required by the job announcement.
Only completed applications will be reviewed by hiring managers.
In addition to completing your application, you will need to apply to the job. You will apply by clicking on the Jobs tab and then the View/Apply button next to any job you are interested in and qualified for.
We will contact you if your qualifications and interests match the needs of the position.
To view other types of positions listed on our job board (Classified, Certificated, Administrator-Certificated, Administrator-Classified) you will need to log into your account, go to My Application > General Information and change the Applicant Type by selecting the ‘Change Type’ button. The All Jobs page will then list all the open positions for that applicant type. Please note that changing the applicant type does not affect the jobs that you have already applied for. Don't forget to review your application to make sure there are not any additional questions you need to answer with the new applicant type.
- Online application
- Letter of Application stating your goals and qualifications
- Custodial and Bus Drivers Supplemental Questionnaire to Human Resources (if applicable)
- Minimum two completed confidential references (please list three references on application)
Please note: confidential reference forms are automatically emailed to your references once you submit your online application.
- How are classified positions posted?
- What is a pool position?
- I forgot my username or password. How do I retrieve it?
- How do I know if my online application was submitted?
- How do I know if my application is complete?
- Who should I list as a confidential reference?
- How can I see if my confidential references returned their surveys?
- When will I hear from Northshore?
- To whom do I address the letter of application?
- Who do I contact if I have additional questions or need help with my application?
ESP positions (paraeducators, school assistants, nurses, etc.) are posted for transfer within the bargaining unit first. If not filled by transfer, the hiring administrator will fill the position from the applicant pool postings.
NEOPA positions (office managers, secretaries, and some positions within district administration) are posted as openings occur within buildings; NEOPA bargaining unit members who apply for these jobs receive first consideration.
Coaching positions are posted as openings occur.
Custodial, food service, bus driver and hourly positions are typically posted as pool positions, but may be posted as specific openings.
The Education of Children: the opportunity to make a difference!
Need a computer to complete your application or need help on your application?
Come visit the Human Resources Department between 8am-5pm Monday-Friday at the Administrative Center! For questions, you can also email or call us anytime!