Thank you for your interest in working for the Northshore School District!
Administrative Employment includes both Certificated (requires a Washington State Administrator certificate and are school leader or central office positions) and Classified (directors or managers).
Information About Applying
Ready to apply? Read this helpful information first.
Create an account using our online application system. Our staff will only review online applications.
In your account:
Complete or update your application by clicking on My Application and completing the required fields. Your application is "complete" when the following materials have been received:
- Your completed online application.
- Your resume (uploaded with your online application).
- A minimum number of electronic confidential reference forms returned.
- Any certificates required for the position as noted in the job description.
Only completed applications will be reviewed by hiring managers.
In addition to completing your application, you will need to apply to the job. You will apply by clicking on the Jobs tab and then the View/Apply button next to any job you are interested in and qualified for.
We will contact you if your qualifications and interests match the needs of the position.
To view other types of positions listed on our job board (Classified, Certificated, Administrator-Certificated, Administrator-Classified) you will need to log into your account, go to My Application > General Information and change the Applicant Type by selecting the ‘Change Type’ button. The All Jobs page will then list all the open positions for that applicant type. Please note that changing the applicant type does not affect the jobs that you have already applied for. Don't forget to review your application to make sure there are not any additional questions you need to answer with the new applicant type.
- Online Application
- Letter of Application stating your goals and qualifications
- Copy of WA State Administrator Certificate (Certificated Administrator)
- Copy of any licenses or certificates if applicable (Classified Administrator)
- Three Confidential References
Please note: confidential reference forms are automatically emailed to your references once entered in your online application.
- I forgot my username or password. How do I retrieve it?
- How do I know if my online application was submitted?
- How do I know if my application is complete?
- Who should I list as a confidential reference?
- How can I see if my confidential references returned their surveys?
- When will I hear from Northshore?
- To whom do I address the letter of application?
- I am graduating this summer and do not have my administrative certificate yet, should I apply now or wait?
- Does Northshore School District accept placement files?
- Who do I contact if I have additional questions or need help with my application?
- What is a pool position?
Many of our certificated administrative positions are posted in a pool format due to the size of our district. A pool position collects applications for specific positions, but not at a specific building in the event that a position in a building needs to be filled. Your application to a job pool will remain active for the duration of the posting.
Want to get alerts about future openings that match your interests?
Log into your account, click the Jobs tab, click Job Notifications, select the job type you are interested in and make sure the checkbox next to receive notifications about new matching jobs is checked, and then click Save and Next.
To select multiple job types, hold down the Command or Ctrl keys and then click on each job type.
The Education of Children: the opportunity to make a difference!
Need a computer to complete your application or need help on your application?
Come visit the Human Resources Department between 8am-5pm Monday-Friday at the Administrative Center! For questions, you can also email or call us anytime!