What can the Purchasing Card purchase?
Just about anything that is related to Northshore School District business. Here are a just a few examples:
- Conference registrations
- Food for instructional classes or qualified meetings
- Non-technology equipment under $5,000.00
- Classroom and office supplies
- Pre-approved travel and lodging (fuel cards issued by Transportation Dept.)
What can't I purchase?
There are some items that can't be purchased using a Purchasing Card. If you're not sure about an item, please contact Linda Rainsberger (x7652) for information. Here are some examples of what cannot be purchased:
- Personal use of card for any purposes
- Restaurant meals for employees
- Flowers or floral arrangements
- Gifts or gift certificates of any value
- Cash advances/donations to charity
- Federal funds, only with pre-approval by Candy Manthey (x7651)
- Personal services/contract for services*
- Computers, printers, audio visual items (must go through Technology Department)
- Fixed assets over $5,000.00
- Online subscriptions
*Purchases that require a contract, have terms and conditions, or rental of facilities and equipment. These require approval and signature by Candy Manthey.