Renaming Existing Facility Committee
NOTE: The deadline to apply for the Renaming an Existing School Facility Committee was Thursday, May 4, 2017. Please check back periodically for any updates on the work of the committee.
A request has been made to change the name of Pop Keeney Stadium. Per School Board Policy 9250P, the superintendent shall select a committee whose purpose it will be to submit to the Board of Directors a recommendation. The committee’s work shall include seeking out feedback from constituents on the implications a name change might have to the historical significance and meaning of the current facility’s name to staff, students, alumni and community members.
Following the process, the Renaming an Existing School Facility Committee will provide a recommendation to the School Board on the requested change.
- The committee will be provided its charge, timeline and process for renaming an existing facility.
- The members will discuss the renaming request and determine an input mechanism for staff, students and community on the potential name change.
- The committee will gather the input, analyze the data and develop and present a recommendation to the School Board regarding the renaming request.
Once in late May 2017, then three to four meetings in fall 2017. Meeting location will be Support Services, 22105 23rd Drive SE, Bothell, WA 98021
The Renaming Committee will include community members, staff, administrators, and students representing all regions of Northshore School District boundaries. Committee members will be selected from those who apply based on achieving representation of the diversity in our community and a wide range of experiences, perspectives, and geographic locations, as well as those who can commit to attending all meetings. Residence within Northshore School District is a requirement.
Composition of Committee
- 5 staff members (teachers, administrators, support personnel)
- 5 community members
- 3-4 students
- 1 facilitator
Application Timeline for Parent Membership
- Applications open: April 17 to May 4, 2017
- Selection and appointment of community members: May 12, 2017