Integrated Pest Management Committee
In 2017, the School Board directed the creation of a committee to serve as an advisory committee and resource for District Pest Management. The Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Coordinating Committee, created under School Board Policy 9301, addresses the management of vegetation and pests in compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Act in an advisory capacity to staff, teachers, students, parents, or community members by providing information about the IPM Policy and Regulation when requested.
- Act in an advisory capacity to the Director of Maintenance in setting annual objectives for prevention and control measures for the IPM Program.
- Act as a resource for the addition of any new pesticide products proposed for use by the Directors of Maintenance or Grounds.
- Act in an advisory capacity to the Director of Maintenance when special or challenging situations arise that would benefit from committee research and/or consideration and input.
- Review the proposed use of least-toxic pesticides under the Pesticide Use and Selection section of this Regulation and report to the Director of Maintenance.
- Research and report to the Director of Maintenance pesticides suspected to be hazardous to human health.
- Provide an annual report to the superintendent.
The advisory Integrated Pest Management Coordinating Committee (the “IPM Committee”) includes: Support Services Director, Grounds Supervisor, a school nurse, and no more than two individuals from each of the following at-large groups: parents, teachers, students and community representatives. Parent and student positions will be selected by the PTSA. The teachers will be selected by NSEA. The community representatives will be selected by the Superintendent or her/his designee. The nurse will be selected by NESPA. More than 50% of the members will constitute a quorum. The committee will meet at least quarterly.
Representatives on the committee include:
- Director, Support Services
- Supervisor, Grounds
- A school nurse (selected by NESPA)
And additionally, no more than two individuals from each of the following:
- Teachers (selected by NSEA)
- Parents (selected by PTSA)
- Students (selected by PTSA)
- Community Representatives (selected by the superintendent)
- Meeting Date, Agenda, Minutes
The committee will meet at least quarterly. All upcoming meetings will be posted on the IPM Committee webpage.
Facilities, Grounds, Sports Complex Supervisor
Annual IPM Committee Progress Report for Superintendent